In Carlsbad, North San Diego, activities and entertainment are endless. If you are visiting us from an international country, we would be delighted to assist you and answer any questions regarding American travel. Common United States travel tips are, as follows:
- We recommend that you double-check with your cell phone service provider on the scope of your plan, as many cell phone services only operate if international coverage is included.
- Tipping is customary. Skipping a tip is perceived as an insult. If you have an unfavorable experience, ask for a manager.
- At restaurants, tips are normally 15-20% of the bill. At bars, tips are near $1 per drink.
- Tour services, spas, and salons normally receive a 20% tip.
- A variety of car rental companies are available. Car rental companies require you to be 21 years old (with surcharges), or at least 25 years old to rent and operate a vehicle.
- Our Concierge would be happy to assist you with arranging a taxi-cab or a luxury sedan. Taxis are not readily available in North San Diego; however, they typically arrive at the resort between 10-15 minutes once called.
- United States and San Diego drivers drive on the right-hand side of the road.
- The legal driving age in California is 16 years old, and all drivers must have a valid driver’s license.
- Speed is measured in miles per hour.
- Driving while talking on a cell phone is illegal in California.
- Driving while consuming alcohol or with a blood alcohol content level above 0.08% is illegal in California.
- Local banks are available within a 5-minute drive for complete currency exchange.
- Our Front Desk may be able to assist with currency exchange in small denominations and limited currencies.
- The United States operates on a standard measurement system. Metric conversion calculators are available through our Concierge or online.
Carlsbad, CA Hotel & Resort FAQs
Does Park Hyatt Aviara Resort have a golf club?
Yes. Nestled in the green hills of Carlsbad with views of Bataquitos Lagoon, Aviara Golf Club is the ultimate destination for golf in north San Diego. The Club was named by Golf Digest as one of the top resort golf courses in America and the #1 golf resort in San Diego by Condé Nast Traveler. The spectacular course is enhanced by a driving range, putting and pitching greens, GPS golf carts, and a Spanish-style clubhouse with a restaurant and pro shop. This championship Arnold Palmer 18-hole course is home to the LPGA Kia Classic.
What services are offered at the Park Hyatt Aviara Spa?
The Aviara Spa is a peaceful and rejuvenating retreat immersed in the idyllic beauty of Park Hyatt Aviara Resort. Our Carlsbad spa offers holistic treatments, including massage, facials, foot and head treatments, detoxifying herbal mud wraps and peels, and the After Sun Healing Ritual. Minutes from San Diego, our luxury spa features 20 treatment rooms, a solarium lounge, whirlpools, saunas, steam rooms and a couple’s suite with a patio whirlpool. We also offer seasonal Spa packages.
How far is Park Hyatt Aviara from San Diego?
Located on a natural lagoon in Carlsbad, Park Hyatt Aviara Resort is a luxury escape in North San Diego. Overlooking the Pacific Ocean, our resort offers a breathtaking sanctuary with a spectacular golf course, only 30 minutes up the coast from San Diego. Hop on our free shuttle to Moonlight State Beach or venture out for an easy drive to Del Mar Thoroughbred Club, Old Town San Diego, La Jolla, San Diego Zoo, SeaWorld San Diego and Balboa Park’s museums.