Park Hyatt Aviara Resort is proud to partner with Muttropolis as the Resort's pet sponsor. Park Hyatt Aviara Resort and Muttropolis’ commitment to exceptional service does not stop with the people staying with us. We understand your pet is an extension of your family, and we would like for them to enjoy their time here as well.
- Pets must be on a leash at all times in any public area of the hotel.
- Pets must wear hotel dog tag identifying pet has been registered with the hotel.
- Pets are not permitted in the restaurants, health club, and pool areas of the hotel unless it is a certified service dog.
- Your guest room will not be serviced unless the owner is present and the pet is restrained. If you would like your room serviced during your stay, please touch “0” on your telephone and our Resort Operator will connect you to Housekeeping.
- We have trail maps for exploring and exercising around the Batiquitos Lagoon, which are available at the Front Desk.
- A non-refundable one time cleaning fee of $150.00 per stay will be applied to your guest room. Excessive damage or cleaning may result in additional charges.
- The maximum weight limit for pets allowed is 50pounds for one animal and a combined weight of 75 pounds for two.
- If your pet is left unattended in the room and is disruptive to other guests, the contact number provided will be called and you may be asked to make alternative arrangements. If needed, Pet Sitters can be arranged with the Concierge.
Enjoy the beautiful Southern California sun with your dog at some of these dog friendly beaches in and near Carlsbad:
Cardiff State Beach
South of San Elijo lagoon to Solana Beach, including Seaside Day Use Area.
*Dogs are welcomed on leashes.
Del Mar “Dog Beach
North Beach area (29th Street to Solana Beach border)
*Dogs must be leashed June 16th through Labor Day
*Dogs able to run under voice control of owner from the day after Labor Day through June 15th
Main Beach area (northern end of Powerhouse Park to 29th Street)
*Dogs not allowed June 16th through Labor Day
*Dogs allowed leashed from the day after Labor Day through June 15th
South Beach area (Powerhouse Park south to Torrey Pines border at 6th Street)
*Dogs must be leashed year-round
Muttropolis is home to the latest design-driven, yet functional dog and cat supplies for discerning pets. Their product assortment includes a unique collar selection, the highest quality all-natural treats and food, cool toys, travel accessories, and ‘mutts’ more. Whether it's a specialty collar that shows off a dog or cat's style or an overstuffed bed to match home decor, Muttropolis is dedicated to finding the latest and most innovative products for pets. Muttropolis has three southern California store locations, one in Solana Beach, La Jolla, and the Fashion Island Mall in Newport Beach, as well as an online store at muttropolis.com. Each Muttropolis location also hosts monthly special events for pets and their parents including meet-ups, parties and adoptions.